Chapter 1 - General Strategies
This section provides general strategies for completing Counter Strike: Condition Zeros Tour of Duty and Deleted Scenes game modes.
Tour of Duty
- Many challenges include the use of a specific weapon. You dont necessarily have to use this weapon immediately. Remember you must simple fulfill this objective at some point during the challenge (as long as the terrorists dont gain the upper hand by two games). You could build a lead on the scoreboard then utilize the particular weapon to meet the challenge goals.
- One of the toughest challenges is winning a round under a certain time limit (as little as 45 seconds for expert mode!). In order to achieve these goals, you must work very quickly to find and kill terrorist enemies. Rifles, particularly the Maverick Carbine, will arguably be your best weapon in meeting the speed goals. As soon as the round begins, switch to your knife or grenade so you run faster. Move quickly to the map location where you will encounter groups of terrorists (for instance, the tunnel on Dust or the double door on Aztec) and open fire. You can also toss an HE or flashbang grenade while running to the location. The resulting explosive may help you gain an advantage against any terrorists present.
- Rescuing a certain number of hostages (and on some maps and difficulty levels, all of the hostages) can also be a challenging objective. Not necessarily because finding the hostages is a difficult task but escorting the hostages back to the rescue zone before your fellow counter-terrorist bots eliminate the maps terrorists. Use radio commands to keep remaining counter-terrorists near you ("Cover me!") so they arent roaming the map searching for the last few terrorists. This may give you added time to return the hostages to the rescue zone. In challenges where you only have to rescue two of the hostages, only escort two of the hostages! Time may be of the essence and moving to each hostage will be a waste.
- While you cant use the radio commands to tell your CT bots to rush a particular position, the commands are still extremely helpful in completing the challenges. Request your fellow CTs to report in and theyll report their position and enemy presence. Listen for the CT bots to report the status of bomb sites and hostages. Youll hear if a bomb site is clear (so you know where the bomb is if its ticking) or if the hostage room is free of terrorist enemies.
- On bomb scenarios, always purchase a defuse kit. The increased defuse rate is well worth the extra money. Also, always purchase Kevlar armor and a helmet. Grenades can be purchased if you have the extra funds but you should always purchase the armor before you spend the cash on grenades. Use the "Auto-Buy" function and youll automatically purchase the necessary weapons to meet current challenges (or the best available weapon if the challenges have been met). It also will automatically purchase a defuse kit and all armor. Youll have to purchase your own grenades.
- Terrorist bots will not hesitate to camp. Some may roam the map seeking out targets while others may move slowly through the map and find hiding spots behind crates or walls. Search cautiously around every corner. Beware of terrorists hiding at the hostage rescue zone when you begin to escort the hostages to the safety zone. Upon planting a bomb, expect terrorists to take cover within the bomb site and wait for your arrival.
- Unless youre trying to meet a time challenge, its to your benefit to move around the map with your fellow counter-terrorists. Its safety in numbers most of the time. If you encounter a terrorist, youre much more likely to survive the battle if you have an ally or two assisting in the firefight.