- Counter Strike: Condition Zeros "Deleted Scenes" mode is similar to a story-based first-person shooter. Unlike other Counter Strike modes, you wont purchase weapons, armor, or grenades. Instead, youll acquire these items--as well as additional ammo and health--throughout the levels.
- Although gameplay is different, weapon usage remains the same. Fire your weapons as you would in other Counter Strike game modes. Use short-controlled bursts to increase accuracy, particularly at long distances. Stand still when firing; if youre moving around wildly, your weapons accuracy decreases dramatically.
- The enemies in the "Deleted Scenes" mode have a tendency to hide behind crates and in corners waiting for an opportunity to ambush. If you striving to remain healthy and alive, check around each corner carefully to avoid being surprised by a hidden foe. Also, some of your actions may trigger the appearance of enemies behind you (for instance, a door opens allowing a couple enemies to flank your position). Maintain constant awareness around your position to avoid becoming an ambush victim.
- Save your HE, flashbang, and smoke grenades for tough areas, particularly heavily populated rooms, hallways, or open spaces. You should have plenty of ammunition to kill a small group of enemies. But in tougher rooms, your grenades can become especially useful. Toss an HE grenade at a tightly packed group of enemies to wound several troops at once; hurl a flashbang around a corner to blind a group of enemies leaving them vulnerable to your weapons fire; and use a smoke grenade to create a diversion and shield you from a tough group of enemies (or perhaps one wielding a rocket launcher) so you can sneak by. And be sure to use the ample cover provided by the level designs. Hide behind crates, pillars, or around corners to avoid taking damage from nearby enemies.
- In several missions youll have the opportunity to assist computer-controlled allies (or perhaps they will assist you). Use these opportunities wisely. Dont let your allies sustain a full brunt of damage without offering your own assistance against the present enemies. The sooner your allies die, the less assistance youll have. And watch your crosshairs carefully. Dont accidentally (or purposely!) shoot your allies or they may turn their guns on you!
- The red barrels scattered throughout the "Deleted Scenes" levels are explosive. If you see one, theres usually a reason. For instance, the added explosive damage will help you defeat a group of enemies or blow apart a wall to open a new passage. Keep your distance from these barrels and, if there are enemies nearby, wait for them to approach within close proximity to the barrel before opening fire.
- Theres plenty of health scattered around the "Deleted Scenes" levels. Remember the location of the health packs and wall-mounted medkits. That way if you dont need health at the particular moment, you can return to the location later in the level and use the health to mend current wounds.