Final Fantasy XII Hints & Cheats
Unlockable Fishing SpotsOnce the Fishing mini-game began, you can only fish in the Lower Reaches fishing spot. However, you can unlock more fishing spots when get to certain requirements.
How to Unlock Unlockable Fish up Cactoid Crest un the Secret Reaches Master Den Fish up Cactoid Bond in the Upper Reaches with Matamune Secret Reaches Get 5 perfect fishing in the Middle Reaches Upper Reaches Get 5 perfect fishing in the Lower Reaches Middle Reaches Get 9 perfect fishing in the Master Den Taikou Chest (treasure)
Sky Pirate's Den Figurines
How to Unlock Unlockable Awarded for defeating the monster, Trickster. Trickster Awarded for defeating the monster, King Behemoth. King Behemoth Awarded for defeating the monster, Gilgamesh. Gilgamesh Awarded for defeating the esper, Zodiac. Zodiac Awarded for defeating the monster, Yazmat. Yazmat Awarded for defeating the monster, Carrot. Carrot Awarded for defeating the monster, Fafnir. Fafnir Awarded for defeating the monster, Devil Dragon. Hell Wyrm Awarded for defeating the esper, Ultima. Ultima Awarded for defeating the monster, Death Gaze. DeathGaze Awarded for using magic 200 times. Fran Awarded for attacking 300 times. Balthier Awarded for having the average party level over 50. Ashe Awarded for killing 500 foes. Basch Awarded for getting 100,000 gil. Penelo Awarded for using techniques 100 times. Vayne Awarded for attaining (monster) chain level 50. Montblanc Awarded for using/spending 1,000,000 gil. Gurdy Awarded for walking 50,000 steps. Chocobo Awarded for selling 1000 loot. Migelo Awarded for completing every map. Dalan Awarded for earning 500,000 clan points. Reks Awarded for initiating every fusion technique. Gabranth Awarded for completing the hunt catalog. Ba'Gamnan Awarded for obtaining every character's techniques. Vossler Awarded for obtaining every character's magics. Crystal Awarded for obtaining every esper. Belias Awarded for stealing 50 times from enemies. Vaan Awarded for mastering all character's license board. Rasler Unlock and buy all Monographs and Canopic Jar, also create and buy several Bazaar items to unlock. Mimic?
Zodiac SpearThe most powerful weapon in the game has a trick to it that those who have to open EVERY treasure chest would miss out on. There are 4 places with treasure chests that must NOT be opened in order for the Zodiac Spear to appear:1) Treasure chest in Lowtown, outside of Old Dalan's place
2) When sneaking into the palace (Before getting the Goddess Tear), there are several chests in the Cellar. Do not open the two chests in the southeast corner.
3) All treasure chests in the Confiscatory (the place where you get your weapons and armor back after being captured)
4) In the Phon Coast, later in the game, there is an island with 16 chests all near each other. The 4th chest that must NOT be opened is among these, so it is best to leave them all alone. They only contain Gil anyway.If you've left all these treasures be, you'll find the Zodiac Spear in the Necrohol of Nabudis. It sports a whopping +150 attack and, like all spears, +8 Evasion.
Walkthroughs & FAQs
Hints & FAQs provided courtesy of GameFAQs.
- Player Reviews: 1,528
- Game Universe:
- Final Fantasy XI (PS2, PC, X360),
- Final Fantasy XI: Chains of Promathia (PC, PS2),
- Final Fantasy VII (PC, PS),
- Final Fantasy VIII (PC, PS),
- Final Fantasy II (NES, GBA, PS),
- Final Fantasy XI: Treasures of Aht Urhgan (PC, PS2),
- Final Fantasy XI: Wings of the Goddess (PS2, X360, PC),
- Final Fantasy XI: Vana'diel Collection 2008 (X360, PS2, PC),
- Final Fantasy XIII (PS3, X360),
- Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children (PSP)
- Number of Players:
Final Fantasy XII Navigation