SANTA CLARA, Calif., (August 28, 2007) – Leading video games publisher and developer NAMCO BANDAI Games America Inc. today released its highly anticipated game, NARUTO: Ultimate Ninja Heroes for the PSP (PlayStation Portable) system. Developed exclusively for North America and Europe, NARUTO: Ultimate Ninja Heroes delivers intense single and multiplayer team-based action as gamers soar through the ninja ranks to become the ultimate Hokage. Based on the popular animated series SHONEN JUMP NARUTO, from VIZ Media, NARUTO fans can now battle each other using their favorite ninja heroes anywhere and anytime with the game's wireless connectivity function. NARUTO: Ultimate Ninja Heroes is rated T for Teen by the Entertainment Software Ratings Board (ESRB) and is now available for a suggested price of $39.99.
"Fans of NARUTO can now re-enact the fast-paced battles that have become the trademark of the popular manga and animated series," said Makoto Iwai, Executive Vice President and COO, NAMCO BANDAI Games America Inc. "NARUTO: Ultimate Ninja Heroes is the ultimate treat for gamers of all ages as it delivers great characters and lightning fast action in a nice small package."
Developed by CyberConnect2, NARUTO: Ultimate Ninja Heroes gives gamers the ability to create and customize their own ninja dream squads to battle opponents or trade player's profiles via wireless connectivity, a franchise first! To further maximize the character power-up feature, players can form different team combinations to awaken hidden skills that lie within each group. Depending on the combinations, special team based skills can be unleashed. Gamers can also earn power-up points towards upgrading each character's attack, defense, chakra, speed and even special abilities.
NARUTO: Ultimate Ninja Heroes boasts the following features:
- First 3-on-3 Naruto team-based gameplay – Players can fight alone or form their favorite Naruto ninja dream team with up to three characters. Form squad combinations from the show or create an original team to unleash special skills
- Discover unique skills in the team based skill system - Try a wide variety of different team combinations to awaken the hidden skills that lie within each character
- Power-up your favorite character! Power-up your favorite character to give yourself an edge in battle. Earn Parameter Power-up Points toward upgrading each character's attack, defense, chakra, speed and even special abilities.
- Ad hoc multiplayer – Engage in intense battles anywhere and anytime via the PSP system's wireless ad hoc capability. Power-up squad members and battle against a friend's team
- Game Sharing - Play against a friend using a single UMD
- Upgradeable player profile – Level up your ninja rank that appears in the player's profile by completing different classes of missions using your favorite character
- Become the ultimate Hokage - Put your ever-growing skills to the test on rewarding missions and rise up through seven ninja ranks to become the ultimate Hokage!
For more information on NARUTO: Ultimate Ninja Heroes visit:
About VIZ Media, LLC Headquartered in San Francisco, CA, VIZ Media, LLC (VIZ Media), is one of the most comprehensive and innovative companies in the field of manga publishing, animation and entertainment licensing of Japanese content. Owned by three of Japan's largest creators and licensors of manga and animation, Shueisha Inc., Shogakukan Inc., and Shogakukan Production Co., Ltd. (ShoPro Japan), VIZ Media is a leader in the publishing and distribution of Japanese manga for English speaking audiences in North America and a global licensor of Japanese animation. The company offers an integrated product line including, magazines such as SHONEN JUMP and SHOJO BEAT, graphic novels, videos, DVDs and audio soundtracks and develops and markets animated entertainment from initial production, television placement and distribution, to merchandise licensing and promotions for audiences and consumers of all ages.
About NAMCO BANDAI Games America Inc. NAMCO BANDAI Games America Inc. is a leading interactive entertainment software publisher and developer based in Santa Clara, CA. The company is a part of the NAMCO BANDAI group of companies known for creating and publishing many of the industry's top video game franchises including the PAC-MAN, SOULCALIBUR, NARUTO and Tekken brands. For more information about NAMCO BANDAI Games America Inc., and our products log onto http://www.namcobandaigames.com/.
Playing Xbox One games on somebody else's console will also require a check-in every hour. Full Story
- Posted Jun 7, 2013 6:41 am SST
Xbox boss Don Mattrick believes concerns over connectivity are overblown, recommends Xbox 360 for those without an Internet connection. Full Story
- Posted Jun 12, 2013 8:52 am SST