Get more information about the game.
Grabbed by the Ghoulies is a humorous beat-'em-up adventure game that takes place in a haunted house full of crazed ghoulies.
Take on the role of Cooper, a kid on a mission to rescue his girlfriend, who has been "grabbed by the ghoulies." Venture through haunted and ominous Ghoulhaven Hall and battle it out with a variety of monsters, while trying to escape the many tricks, traps, and shocks along the way.
Grabbed by the Ghoulies is filled with unexpected surprises. But be careful ... all that fail to get through Ghoulhaven Hall will be imprisoned within and never seen again.
- Ghoulies galore - More than 25 types of dirty fightin' ghoulies will keep players on their toes as they venture down dark and scary corridors. Players will face being electrocuted, bitten, burnt, cursed, bandaged and thrown around by the unruly ghoulies. Ninja imps, dancing zombies, cursed mummies, boxing skeletons, peg-legged pirates, haunted furniture and many more chilling ghoulies await players around every turn. Each ghoulie has its own crazed personality, hilarious animations and style of attackand they all fight dirty.
- Wide variety of weapons - Players will have more than 100 household objects at their disposal to use as weapons. They can bash ghoulies with chairs, pool cues, tables, food and nearly anything else they find in the house. Players that prefer long distance action will enjoy taking on vampires with a garlic-firing blunderbuss, dousing fire imps with a fire extinguisher, chasing zombies with a "sacred" water super-soaker, or launching 12 ounce exploding pop cans on ghoulies using a soda pop gun.
- Spinetingling adventure - Players explore more than 50 rooms and 100 levels in the sinister Ghoulhaven Hall and follow a twisted plot full of unexpected surprises, shocks, escapes, and rescues. We can't say anything more!
- Power ups galore - Players will be rewarded with 15 types of power ups including Power, Speed, Energy, Super Weapon boosts and a host of fun power-ups such as miniature coopers, which are actual mini clones of the main character that suddenly join the brawl. Players also have to dodge nasties--anti-power-ups--that add a hilarious element to gameplay.
- Minigame challenges - Players will earn access to a series of hidden and fun challenges throughout the game by collecting bonus books. Once earned, each of the 20 challenges is easily accessible for players to improve their scores for neighborhood bragging rights.
- Sophisticated, yet simple gameplay: Featuring an easy pick-up-and-play style, Grabbed by the Ghoulies offers something for gamers at all skill levels. Players can grasp gameplay basics quickly, and refine and improve their fighting strategy as they progress through the game.
- The Rare Fan Site Kit (FSK) is now available for download. Included in the FSK is an assortment of screenshots, gameplay videos, buttons, and other Web site development materials from Rare titles Grabbed by the Ghoulies, Kameo: Elements of Power and Conker: Live and Uncut. With the Fan Site Kit, webmasters have the tools necessary to create a truly Rare site.
Emmy-winning writer Jon Vitti, who penned "Mr. Plow" episode of The Simpsons, working on 2016 film based on Rovio's game. Full Story
- Posted May 21, 2013 3:23 am SST
Bankrupt publisher hoping to bring in at least $22 million from upcoming asset auctions. Full Story
- Posted May 24, 2013 12:43 am SST
Network journalist acknowledges one-sided violent video game report; invitations to Bungie and the Entertainment Software Association were declined. Full Story
- Posted May 21, 2013 1:45 pm SST