Soundtrack for upcoming multiplatform skater will feature new bands covering classic thrash sessions.
The young 'uns will be paying tribute to the old 'uns for the soundtrack of Tony Hawk's American Wasteland, MTV.com is reporting today. The tracks see today's "punk" bands covering classics from yesteryear, from such seminal thrashers as Suicidal Tendencies, Iggy Pop & The Stooges, and Black Flag. Among the whippersnappers providing their takes on immortal classics are Fall Out Boy, Hot Snakes, and My Chemical Romance.
Tony Hawk's American Wasteland, from publisher Activision and developer Neversoft, will be released this fall on the Xbox, PlayStation 2, GameCube, and DS, with an Xbox 360 version following sometime after.
The announced songs for the soundtrack are as follows:
• Taking Back Sunday - The Descendents' "Suburban Home"/"I Like Food"
• Senses Fail - Suicidal Tendencies' "Institutionalized"
• Alkaline Trio - TSOL's "Wash Away"/"Beneath the Shadows"
• Emanuel - The Stooges' "Search and Destroy"
• Fall Out Boy - The Gorilla Biscuits' "Start Today"
• Thursday - The Buzzcocks' "Ever Fallen in Love?"
• From Autumn to Ashes - Fear's "Let's Have a War"
• Hot Snakes - Government Issue's "Time to Escape"
• Thrice - Minor Threat's "Seeing Red"/"Screaming at a Wall"
• Saves the Day - The Dead Boys' "Sonic Reducer"
• My Chemical Romance - The Misfits' "Astro Zombies"
• Rise Against - Black Flag's "Gimmie Gimmie Gimmie"/"Fix Me"
• Dropkick Murphys - The Adolescents' "Who Is Who"
• The Bled - Bad Brains' "House of Suffering"