All About Kenny789
I'll mostly be posting blogs about social life, movies, school and a little bit of gaming. Feel free to read them and leave a comment if possible. Thank you and have a nice day
Wow I haven't blogged in ages, how is everyone? College has been taking up a lot of my time so I never had the chance to just sit down and blog about something. Anyway hope you all had a great 2011! Here's how the last few months of 2011 has been for me:
- Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked - I beat the game twice and now working on finishing the 3rd and 4th(if there is a 4th) ending.
- Mario Kart 7 - Unlocked almost everything and now just working on getting 3 stars on the GP. Online rocks but I keep getting disconnected
- Assassin's Creed Revelations - Just played around 2 - 3 hours and so far it's fun, just haven't got time to play since I got some work to finish up.
- The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword - Amazing game, played around 6 hours and I'm currently at the 2nd dungeon. No time to play cause of schoolwork as well.
- Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Just started and seems like a great game. Won't play this until I beat SS and ACR.
- Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones - I forgot how amazing this game was! Currently on Chapter 15 if I remember correctly.
TV, Movies, Social Life, Whatever
- Still no girlfriend but I did find someone new Bad news is she's taken so......back to the search!
- Missed Real Steel and The Adventures of Tintin Should definitely get a DVD when they come out.
- Bought MORE Ranma 1/2 mangas! Just need 8 more and I've completed the series.
- Started on our History video presentation. Drove to different places just to get some good scenery. I play an American president and a Filipino general. Wearing a suit at a golf course and park feels weird
- Watched Mission Impossible Ghost Protocol, pretty neat movie.
- Can't wait for Sherlock Holmes next year! As well as The Avengers!
- Saw Lion King 3D, still as epic as ever.
Happy New Year!
So how did you celebrate New Year's Eve? For the 3rd time, my family decided it would be best to avoid spending too much so all we did was eat, watch some fireworks then go to bed. I understand that it's always best to save money when possible but I really do miss our old celebrations. Having friends and family over, buying some fireworks, wearing silly hats and lighting up these flare-like candles or whatever, other times we would go out and have New Year's Eve dinner somewhere or stay the night at some hotel/resort and be with other people as the countdown to midnight begins with awesome food and an awesome fireworks display. Yeah I may sound spoiled but I just miss having something to look forward to and being with lots of people all excited and smiling and laughing. For the past 3 years, it's just been eat, drink, watch, sleep with hardly any excitement or joy. Anyway, hope 2012 will be legendary!
So you guys know that I've been to Malaysia for a week to attend some important matters and to have a bit of vacation time but since coming back to the Philippines I've had a bit of fun with friends and managed to enroll for next semester and saw my grades for last semester. Here we go!
Not too bad, much better than I did before. Here's what I got:
Nursing Care Management 103 - 88
Sociology and Anthropology - 87
NSTP-CWTS - 92
Biostatistics - 91
Health Economics - 92
Related Learning Experience - 91
Highest grade you can get is 97 and the passing is 75. Not too bad I must say Also did well on my Mandarin exam, got 82.5/100. Yay for me!
Translated it roughly means "Jamming, Dancing". It's a street party thing we have here every October, it's our way of celebrating October Fest Anyway lots of drinking and stuff, we saw a girl faceplant on the floor (friends and police helped her immediately and she was fine), drunk guy dancing on the road, a booth that lets you play Wii games for free but the console is a PS3 (epic fail). It was kinda fun but too many people and everyone was pushing each other and trying to squeeze into gaps. Not to mention there were hardly any places to sit since every place was jam packed with people. It was worth it though since a friend bought us drinks and we got to hang out.
Me and my college friends went to Star City, a theme park, in Manila 2 days ago. It's not as good as Enchanted Kingdom, another themepark, but we haven't been there in a while so we thought "why not?". We rented a van and hired a driver and went all the way to Manila. Traffic was as bad as ever, tsk. When we got there, we had some food first then bought tickets and went in. We rode some kiddy rides first (as a "warmup" according to friends lol) then we rode bumper cars and the rocking ship and also the rollercoaster. We also had fun with all three haunted houses they had there since our female friends were absolutely terrified by every single thing that moved and popped up It was good fun. Lastly we rode the Jungle Splash which was a log ride that goes up and then you crash down into a pool of water. Didn't ride a lot I suppose but we had fun nevertheless. I guess we must have spent most of our time checking out the small shops as well as waiting in line haha.
- I want to watch Paranormal Activity 3! It's showing everywhere else but here, why?!
- Ordered Ranma 1/2 volumes 13, 14, 16 and 17 on Amazon. Can't wait to complete the collection!
- School starts on November 3, a Thursday. Booooo!
- Considering getting The Big Bang Theory on DVD when I get the cash.
- I want some Mario plushies I don't know why but after seeing some, I just want some.
- I want Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3, Batman Arkham City, some DS games I saw on sale for real cheap (TWEWY, Phantom Hourglass, Layton, etc.), Super Mario 3D Land, and most of all THE LEGEND OF ZELDA COLLECTORS BUNDLE!
And thats all I can think of for this blog post. Time for some grub! See you folks round the forums.
What?! Category Y U NO TRAVEL?! Well all my blogs are general and this won't be any different. I won't just be tackling my trip to Malaysia.
Malaysia? Awwww yeah!!!
Going back to Malaysia to finalize all my stuff regarding the will of my dad. Not sure if I blogged about it but just to refresh you guys, my dad died last year and I'm his only son. But since I'm not in Malaysia and I've got a busy schedule thanks to college, I haven't been able to sort it out. Thanks to my uncle, we have found a lawyer and we'll be meeting up with him on Tuesday. Hope all goes well! I hope being a Filipino and living in the Philippines won't affect anything. If I'm able to go online in Malaysia, maybe I'll update my blogs with a bit of news and some pictures using my awesome camera! *cough*3DSCamera*cough* Once all that is done, hopefully there's time for a break and some fun.
Exams are over!!!
Final exams are done and here's how it went:
Biostatistics - Easy.....I hope.....not sure cause I thought it was easy but maybe I messed up somewhere while calculating.
Health Economics - Easy, so freaking easy.
Sociology - Didn't study (focused on Biostat) so didn't get it but I think it was "ok".
Nursing Care Management 103 - FFFFFUUUUU!!!!!
NSTP-CWTS (National Service Training Program) - LOL!!!!
Hope I passed everything and here I come 2nd semester!
My parents are annoying me now
My mom and dad are annoying me now. It's nothing much, I just had enough of them telling me what to do, how to do it and when to do it. Telling me when to sleep, telling me what to wear, telling me how my hair should be, telling me when to get a haircut, etc. Gah I had enough of it! I can't wait to move out! They care so much for these little things that I can handle but when it comes to important stuff, they disappoint me. How? My elementary and high school graduation. During elementary, all us kids were given a red rose to give to our parents after we sang them a song. All the kids were hugging their parents and being happy and where were mine? Outside smoking. Still makes me sad till today High school? All my friends' parents were congratulating and telling me they were proud of me for graduating. My parents? Frowning and telling me how I should have been a top ten student and how I disappointed them and how I will never be able to pass Nursing with the attitude I have. *sigh* fml.
Just a fancy name for extra tidbits.
- darksongbird you may be right, maybe I ain't over my ex. When she texts, I just have to text. Something is wrong with me. Someone slap me now!
- Finally beat the freaking Water Temple in OoT 3D!
- Grinding a bit before trying Babel again in SMT Devil Survivor.
- I went out drinking the last 3 Fridays and Saturdays and this weekend I rejected my friends' invite Don't worry liver, you're good for this weekend!
- Finished HIMYM Season 1 - 5 and ordered Season 6 from Amazon. Can't wait!
- Also ordered Songs About Jane by Maroon 5 to complete my Maroon 5 albums.
- Also ordered the Rock band 3 Pro Cymbal set. Can't wait!
- Also can't wait for Arkham City and AC Revelations
For my old GS buddy siberian142
For all you union leaders out there who want to join the Gamespot Union of the Year competition, check this out.
And that's all for today. Time for my to enjoy my semester break! Take care you lot!
My Recent Reviews
Apr 16, 2013 1:39 am GMTKenny789 posted in the topic 3DS XL worth the upgrade? on the Nintendo 3DS/DS board
Only GameSpot friends of this user can view their Wii Number.