All About amirzaim
So far, i'm been writing these blogs in months and ultimately lazy like a "snorlax"! Now I'm gonna write some article that would be useful for laptop users who want to OC'ing their cpu.
Overclocking is defined as modifying the cpu clock speed in order to increas the performance. Eventhough that this method will increaSE the PC performance, but the process need a great care because a single wrong step in overclocking would cause system unstable and even damaging the hardware components. Basically, overclocking process can be done through BIOS settings and mostly custom-built PC's could do it, meanwhile the OEM-product PC/laptops have disable this feature except for the OEM products that are designed for gaming.
Overclocking your laptop is not possible to do it through BIOS settings, but with a software like setFSB could do it very much. Here are the steps that I'm would explain in this article:
1. Download setFSB and CPU-Z and then, install it. Open CPU-Z and examine the current stock speed of your cpu, FSB and etc and record all the current specs. You can download it from here:
This is my default cpu speed of my laptop
2. Open setFSB and when it comes to find the PLL, here's the 2 ways on how to configure it out:
i) Open the PC cover and search the IC chip that is PLL/Clock Generator. Take a look at the PLL list for example and try to find the PLL chip in your motherboard.
ii) If you're too lazy to do the step above, you can do a trial-and-error process. First of all, select the PLL and try to click "Get FSB". Notice that most PLLs that you've selected can read your current clock speed with well, but the different thing is how the selected PLLs could read the FSB and RAM frequency speed with correctly? Here's the trick:
This is how you're gonna find a suitable PLL/clock generator for your laptop.
- If you see that the PLL that you've selected gives a correct reading of the FSB and RAM current speed, thus your PLL may be compatible to your PC.*
This is the example of right PLL selection that gives accurate reading of default FSB and RAM speeds.
*Note: Sometimes, your PLL gives correct reading of FSB and RAM speeds, and if you've noticed that the unusual changes after you tried to overclocking like the FSB reading goes unaccurate (for example, if your FSB speed is 200Mhz and you want to set to 201MHz, but the FSB speed readings seems too far from that after clicking "Set FSB") or unexpected error after setting the overclock that is not too high, thus, your PLL is not compatible.
- Also, if you see that the PLL that you've selected gives a wrong reading of the current FSB and RAM speed, then, the selected PLL is not compatible to your PC.
3. After you've selected the compatible PLL, try to make FSB overclock increment by 1 first and try to click "set fsb". If your pc still operational after the overclocking and noticed that the clock speed is changed, you can try to increase the amount, but not too high, otherwise, try with other PLLs like I'm write before.
This is how you're gonna set the right FSB speed level and the output is the OC of the cpu.
4. While you're OC'ing the PC, make sure that your OC settings is at stable rate and if the FSB speed sets too high, some apps would not function properly or even the BSOD. IF you're noticed that your PC is feeling unstable, lower the speeds or revert the original speed.
5. The settings is just a temporary settings which all the settings that you made done will be lost and it will revert to original clock speed when rebooting.
Trolling is not just for internetters and also facebook/twitter socialista, but also on animals!
Being bored of lame and awful and even mini-sized GIFs, well here's the amazing GIFs that are more beautiful compared to the lame and boring GIFs:
NOTE: Please click here for full picture view.
Credit to blogserius...my favorite blogsite...which i frequently visit
My Recent Reviews
Watch the Dodge Viper drifting with only using the keypads in analog controller...
This Video shows the GT-ONE le mans race car going speeding at the speed test circuit.
This video shows a subaru impreza wrx sti can drift with only use steering and brakes only.
amirzaim does not have any recent activity. What a slacker! Maybe you should send amirzaim a private message and ask, "Where are you hiding?"