All About immortality20
BFG - Big f'n Geek
Before you read my blog, why not check out my new review of Hitman Absolution? No? Fine...
E3 is only 10 days away. That is really exciting if you're a hardcore video game fan like me, who's excited to see all the confirmed and mysterious games. This is the most important E3 in years, as Microsoft will try to ease some fan's worry over the Xbox One as they're promising they will only talk about games, while Sony has yet to even show their new console and I'm sure they have some games to talk about too. Then there's all the third parties who weren't allowed to talk about their game until now because they couldn't confirm that *gasp* Xbox One was a real thing. So what am I most looking forward to? Well, honestly I'm the most excited about the games we don't know about. Will Rare finally have a big E3? Will Microsoft reveal great excluvives? Will Sony do the same? Will Ubisoft steal the show again like they did last year with Watch Dogs? Will Respawn's game blow us away? Why the hell isn't Rockstar there showing of GTA 5?
But this blog isn't about that, I'm going to go over the 5 games that are already announced and why my nerd sense is tingling for them.
#5: Batman Arkham Origins - This is the first Batman game this generation that won't future the very high quality work of Rocksteady (who are supposedly hard at work on a next gen Arkham) but WB Montreal. We don't know much yet except Batman has to deal with assassins on Christmas eve, and it's very early in his career. I'm very excited to see gameplay in this game, maybe they'll show off a map of the city and explain how the story moves forward. Are we allowed to pick of the assassins as we see fit, in any order? Or is it more structured and pushing you toward a single target a time? Is it a fully open city? Is Robin playable? Is there multiplayer that won't suck? I know the answer to the last question.
#4: Destiny - This is the first game from Bungie as a third party developer and being published by video game giant Activision. We haven't seen any gameplay yet, and don't really know much except it's a connected world where single player and multiplayer supposedly blend together, but it's not a mmo. Can we play it offline? Or if you're like me and don't want to play co-op can we just play the single player and still have as much fun? Will there be cross play? Is the next gen version going to be the better version?
#3 Watch Dogs - It's been almost a year since Ubisoft shocked everyone at E3 and got the internet buzzing about next gen's Watch Dogs reveal. Now it's been confirmed as a cross gen title, but not much else is known. Do we see other players in the city in single player? Is it an open world game like GTA? Can we really do anything with technology like the demo showed? I can't wait to see more of this game, Ubisoft is my favorite developer.
#2 Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 - I know many of you don't care about this game, but this one of my most anticapated games of the year. I loved the first Lords of Shadow so much, its one game I reccommend to anyone looking for a great action game. Not much is known yet, just you play as an older Gabriel who already made his transition into Dracula. Really looking forward to seeing more gameplay and a release date.
#1 Quantum Break - Say what you will about Remedy, whether it's their long development cycles or their decision to not do Alan Wake 2, they deserve your respect. What they did with Alan Wake was truely original, not to mention creating the bullet time for Max Payne and Max Payne 2. Again, like I keep saying, not much is known right now about this game. It's supposed to use TV or something stupid , but I really want to know if you can just enjoy the game without that crap. What kind of game is it? I'm sure we'll get some answers during the Microsoft Conference.
Near miss game: The Evil Within, a great new survival horror from the guy who gave us Resident Evil 4.
Okay, so you might be wondering why I haven't talked about the Xbox One and all that next gen talk like the rest of the internet. I like to wait a few days before I really delve into it for a couple reasons. I want to cool down, make sure I know all the news and don't say anything stupid out of anger. I want a few days to see all the different and contradicting reports to make sure what I talk about isn't already confirmed false.
But they're doing a crappy job on almost all fronts. I literally could of been the easiest sale they could of had. All they had to do was keep the controller (check), make a system comparable to PS4 (check), allow used games (che...whait? What the ****?). I have to wait until all this is confirmed by both Sony and Microsoft. I'm not convienced Sony isn't doing the exact thing because they still have no confirmed no fees and all that. Hell we don't even know what it looks like.
I bought the 360 on launch, as I said many days before, with a few games. I think the 360 is the best console ever. And I would of happily bought the successor if they didn't insist on screwing me so hard I need to get a STD test. I'm tired of this whole fight against used games. It's been proved over and over and over that most used games sales go to buy NEW games. And that the video game business is selling more consoles and games than any other generation. So just get off your horse and stopped trying to feed us crap.
I don't really got much else to talk about, so I'll show a few pictures of my updated room:
Recently put up 6 new shelves
Here's a close up of each:
I have a total of 11 shelves now with random nerd crap. I got room for probably 6 more so that will probably be filled by the end of the year.
Any ways, what is some games at E3 you're looking foward to? Can Microsoft still get your buy? Is my collection awesome or...never mind, it's awesome.
It's an exciting time to be a gamer. And, I'm not going to a lie, a little scary. The Wii U is failing harder than a Britney Spears comeback tour (and let's face it, she'd make more money), and there's lots of nasty rumors going around about both PS4 and Xbox Infinity. Yes, from now on I'm just going to call it Xbox Infinity because I really like the name and I hope it's the one, and considering they registered xbox8.com, I think it is. Now, there's a few things I need to see from the conference on Tuesday. I'm going to list them and talk about them a little, and this goes for Playstation 4 as well. Sony has yet to show the console, name the price, or confirm if it can play used games yet.
5. Gamertag and arcade games easily transfer - I'll start off with something simple. I'm quite sure the gamertags will easily transfer over as they did this generation, but that also means I want my gamerscore and all my arcade games to transfer over. Obviously they won't be installed (unless they have a transfer cable) but it's important they have all the arcade games available at launch.
4. Keep achievements - I'm not going to lie, I'm an achievement w****. I love to see the pop up gloriously telling me how many points I earned, and yes I realize the higher the points the more of my life I wasted. I'm very sad to see Nintendo is ignoring this, but I'll save my rants on them for a different blog. I love how achievements add value to even the suckiest of games. I played many games I wouldn't of gave chances to, some bad and some surprisingly fun.
3. Revamp Xbox LIVE - I'm not going to get into the whole is LIVE worth it arguement, there's people on this site who will argue until the end of time. What I do want to see is MS borrow ideas from PS PLUS and offer the paying members not only full online and multiplayer privilages, but free games and discounts on XBLA and DLC titles. Sony is making Microsoft look silly in comparision. I love LIVE and my Xbox, but I would never say I wouldn't want my membership to give me more. I think this is a must moving forward.
2. New Exclusive - I'm not talking about exclusives we know about like Halo 5 and Gears 4 and Forza 5 and so on. I'm talking about some mother effin' new IP exclusives like Sony is pumping out. I know MS is working on some, I just hope they don't require Kinect and are awesome. I have no doubt there will at least be a couple, and I'm sure there will be less 3rd party exclusives than last gen by far, but I know MS can be more aggressive with their game stratgey. They have a huge back party of IPs they could use *cough Rare cough* and of course some awesome development teams that can make some interesting new Ips.
1. Allows used games - I'm not sure I have to elaborate on this as I believe most gamers will agree with me and should agree with me. There should be no medium ever that can control what you do with your physical copy after you purchase it. You paid the money and as long as you don't illegaly upload it, you can damn well do with it as you please whether that's lend it to a friend or sell it. I can never support a system that took this right from me. Ever.
Of course I want to see an awesome controller that isn't motion controlled or have stupid touch controls. Of course I want to hear everything is playable offline (and I'm sure it will be, all games can be played offline but probably have to connect to use their new cable thing) and of course I want it a decent prize. Of course I want to see lots of great games, and I care oh so very little about everything else. I don't give 2 craps (and I crap alot) about much else in a console, just the awesome games I can play on it. That's why I bought a 360 when it launched, Microsoft was aggressively pursuing hardcore gamers by stealing exclusives from Sony and really fighting for space. I feel that MS has lost that hunger and drive and fight they had in their first decade of gaming. It almost feels like they're just resting on their laurels at this point. Not to the extreme level of Nintendo, who refuses to adapt. But I have to believe that will change, as will Sony going forth in next gen. Or there's always that top of the line PC....
My Recent Reviews
Jun 15, 2013 8:35 am GMTimmortality20 reviewed BioShock Infinite and gave it a score of 9.5
Jun 2, 2013 1:03 am GMTimmortality20 posted a new blog entry entitled E3 2013: The confirmed games
Jun 1, 2013 10:39 pm GMTimmortality20 reviewed Hitman: Absolution and gave it a score of 8.5
May 24, 2013 6:32 pm GMTimmortality20 posted a new blog entry entitled Untitled blog
May 23, 2013 2:07 pm GMTimmortality20 posted in the topic GTA V Special and Collector Editions Detailed on the System Wars board
May 19, 2013 12:53 pm GMTimmortality20 posted a new blog entry entitled Top 5 things I need to see on Xbox reveal
May 16, 2013 6:13 pm GMTimmortality20 posted in the topic NEW IP: Lords of the Fallen - Next gen on the System Wars board
May 16, 2013 2:56 am GMTimmortality20 posted a new blog entry entitled Puzzling design choices in Metal Gear Rising.
Apr 28, 2013 5:30 am GMTimmortality20 posted a new blog entry entitled Top 10 games of the generation
Apr 28, 2013 3:44 am GMTimmortality20 reviewed Injustice: Gods Among Us and gave it a score of 8.0