All About lightwarrior179
Me as a Gamer (as of Mar 31,2012) :
Games Owned : 608
Gaming Platforms :
Game Boy Color
Game Boy Advance
Games Rated 10/10 :
Baldur's Gate II : Shadows of Amn(PC)
Final Fantasy VI (SNES)
Vagrant Story (PS1)
Grim Fandango (PC)
Shin Megami Tensei : Nocturne (PS2)
Leaving behind all the nonsense that's been going around, let's focus about what I've been upto.
- These. Few excerpts --> I, II, III, IV, V, VI, VII
- Also a little event that's in the title of this blog.
- Where I did this.
- And later wrote about my experience.
OK. That kinda seems vague.
So,let me explain. Point by point.
1) If some of you didn't know (I have mentioned it previously), I was the Literary Chief of my college over the past year. Besides organizing a couple of inter-university events and a costly (but fun) cultural festival in February, I was also the Chief Editor of the annual college magazine. It came out the previous week and they are three sample photos I took just to show it to you guys. The artwork on the cover was done by me. As pretentious as me I know. If you want to know the concept behind it, it's basically about materialism. The objects we have defining us more than what we are.
The next image is the Editor's Note where instead of thanking all the professors, fellow Students' Council members etc, I thank me. So narcissistic of myself I know I got a lot of praise from my peers and professors for that Editor's Note, so I guess you should check it out. I simply wrote what I wanted to. If people liked it, it's cool.
The final four images (III, IV, V, VI) is a running concept throughout the magazine which I came up with. Each section's intro page has a short description of life in the four years of engineering. So, basically as you traverse through the magazine from start to end, you are living through through the years of college. Supposedly made a senior "wet" his eyes when this was distributed during their farewell ceremony.
2) Ludum Dare 26. The 26th edition of the biggest game jam. I wanted to participate in it since I've had a previous string of attempts of incomplete projects. So, I wanted to start with something simple and finish it. I was weirdly targeting for the more challenging 48-hour deadline of the stricter "Compo" (competition) event than the more relaxed 72-hour Jam. I knew I wouldn't be able to finish it but I saw it as a learning process.
3) Guess what? I did finish it. Here's the game page on LD' site. It's a dynamic rhythm game. I simply explain it better there on the page so see it and let me know what you think. Keep in mind this is my first "finished" game and was made in 48 hours. So, please be gentle. If not, you shall be burned.
4) The post-mortem. Where I lay in a rather personalized and stream-of-consciousness intro about persistent aspirations from our childhood and my previous experience with game development and the timeline of the 2 days. It's unusually fun because an awful LOT of things were stacked against me but even to my surprise, I showed dedication which I didn't know I had. I made the 48-hour deadline with mere minutes on the clock. IT'S THE PLAYOFFS SEASON,Y'KNOW!
That's it for now. Let me know the feedback -- good or bad. Read the description to get a better hang of the mechanics and the concept behind it and how it relates to the theme (which was conveniently minimalism)
P.S: From what I've seen, Gone Home is going to be the big indie darling of this year. I bet my money on it. It looks absolutely brilliant. Also, I heard Fez is out. I was told I should get it. I guess I will. At some point. Blood Dragon looks cool but I'll wait for Summer sale. Not really playing anything besides Super Hexagon(daily!) and the occasional Tomb Raider and CKII(of course!)
EDIT: Indie Game Mag covered my game as their "Indie of the Day"
This is an editorial.
Hope I have enough content to meet your expectations and your inherent elitist groupie fantasies.
Or maybe you can buy this $5 DLC to get more content?
In the words of a famous guy who used to work in Microsoft,
Deal with it.
There has been a certain craze related to confessions lately which has spread itself like a plague on Facebook. It started with college confessionals and spread to specific localities and we now even have a Twitter Confessions. On Facebook. Theres an inherent irony in that but my sheer disgust at this prevents me from appreciating it.
This piece was born out of that disgust for what I see as a silly craze that goes on to show just how badly Internet has made us starve for attention and validation.
The blog contains a short fictional piece which criticizes the aforementioned aspects of our modern-day culture.
Hope you enjoyed reading it. It's one of the first times, I recall linking a short story written by me to all of you. If you enjoy it, I will link all of you to more of it whenever I post the remaining ones in the future.
My Recent Reviews
One of the coolest chases you will ever see! Cloud escaping from Shinra Inc. in classic FF style. Apologising thoroughly for any bad print in between.
One of the most romantic scenes in the gaming history. Squall and Rinoa waltzing it out. Apologising thorougly for bad print at times.
Jun 15, 2013 8:07 pm GMTlightwarrior179 began Following Gunpoint
Jun 15, 2013 7:19 pm GMTlightwarrior179 began Following Killer Is Dead
Jun 15, 2013 7:19 pm GMTlightwarrior179 began Following The Order: 1886
May 7, 2013 4:36 am GMTlightwarrior179 began Following Saints Row IV
May 7, 2013 4:35 am GMTlightwarrior179 began Following Saints Row IV
May 7, 2013 4:35 am GMTlightwarrior179 began Following Dragon Age III: Inquisition
May 1, 2013 7:09 pm GMTlightwarrior179 posted a new blog entry entitled Life/Routine: Ludum Dare 26 Post-Mortem
Apr 25, 2013 6:46 pm GMTlightwarrior179 posted a new blog entry entitled The Mask
Apr 7, 2013 2:09 pm GMTlightwarrior179 added Darklands to their owned game list
Apr 7, 2013 2:09 pm GMTlightwarrior179 began Following Darklands