In the last hour Nintendo has revealed a huge amount of Wii U information via a Nintendo Direct broadcast. They have announced new features and new games and I am very excited. A lot of it was just hints but they promise an exciting E3 and a bright future for the Wii U.
Here's a round up of the announcements.
- Zelda Wii U rethinking the series conventions and still some way from release
- Zelda Wind Waker HD remake to be released this autumn
- 3D Mario and New Mario Kart to be playable at E3
- First Smash Bros 4 screens at E3
- Shin Megami Tensei and Fire Emblem crossover in development
- Suceesor to Xenoblade Chroicles in development
- New Yoshi game in the style of Kirbys epic yarn in development
- Virtual console coming to Wii U in the spring and to include Gameboy Advance games
- Miiverse updates coming including communities and photo sharing(screenshot function in Pikmin 3 shown off)
- Lego City Undercover to be released on March 28th in Europe
Nintendo has finally shown their hand and have much more likely to come at E3 too.
What are your thoughts and are you as excited as I am by the announcements?
Thanks for reading.
I loved them. I mean, we knew most of those games were probably being developed, but it is nice to get confirmation.
I'm hoping this is what Nintendo needs to make everyone want to buy the WiiU or else the console is going to sink faster than it can sell.
Totally excited, can't wait to see what Nintendo holds in our future! I love the Virtual Console features, such a cool way to get retro games. Lego City Undercover sounds amazing.
Yes the only thing that Nintendo failed at was the virtual console. But the announced Wii-U titles and trailers got me excited and makes me want one. Nintendo knows how to get people excited that's for sure.
I've been wanting to play Zelda Wind Waker again and I'd love to play a HD version of it.I can't wait for the next 3D Mario game,and Xenoblade Chronicles is one of my favorite RPGs from the 7th gen and a successor to it would be awesome and a crossover of SMT and Fire Emblem sounds interesting.